Home > Hot Tub Chemicals > Hot Tub Water Testing Kits
Water testing strips are an easy to use, affordable way to accurately test your hot tub water. We also sell liquid test kits if you prefer, but we use test strips religiously and haven't had any major issues in 15 years.
Why Test Your Hot Tub Water?
Simple. To protect both your skin and your spa equipment, you want to make sure you have the right balance of chemicals so that the water is neither too alkaline nor too acidic. As well, testing your spa water is critical for using spa sanitizer systems.
Aquachek Test Strips: Chlorine or Bromine
AquaCheck Test Strips for MPS
Aquachek Select Test Strips
Pool Check 5 in 1 Test Strips
Aquachek Select Test Strips Refills
Pool Check 3 in 1 Test Strips
Pool Check 3-in-1 Copper Strips
Leisure Time 'FREE' SystemTest Strips
Zodiac Nature2 Water Test Strips
Insta-Test 4 Test Strips
Spa Frog Test Strips
Insta-test PRO Test Strips
Insta-Test 3 Test Strips
Insta-Link Smartscan Water
Testing Smartphone App
Liquid Test Kits
How to use Water Testing Strips
Here is a general step-by-step on how to use water test strips. Of course, make sure to READ THE DIRECTIONS on the test strips you are using for the final word.
1. Allow spa to circulate for a bit, then take a 1-2 oz. sample in a CLEAN plastic drinking glass.
2. Remove a test strip and dip it in the water just deep enough to wet the test pad(s).
3. Remove excess water by shaking the strip once.
4. Hold strip horizontal, pad side up, for 15 seconds.
5. Make color comparisons with bottle chart.
6. Adjust spa water as necessary.
7. Allow water to cycle several hours after adding balance chemicals, then retest.
Tips for Working with Test Strips
- Be sure to wash your hands before performing the test. Chemical residue on your fingers can skew the test results.
- Never put a wet finger into the test strip container! This will contaminate the unused strips.
- Don't store your test strips outside. Keep them at room temperature, dry, and away from direct sunlight.
- Always use fresh strips. Don’t use strips past their expiration date or they may give you funky/wrong results
|Spa Sales||Spa Service||Spa Parts by Brand||Spa Parts & Accessories||Spa Jets||Spa Chemicals|
|Champion Spas||Spa Repair & Service||Emerald Spa Parts||Spa Air Blowers||Spa Replacement Jets||Amerse Spa Care|
|Cove Spas||Hot Tub Rentals||Garden Leisure Spa Parts||Spa Heaters||Emerald Spa Jets||Eco-Friendly Spa Chemicals|
|Garden Leisure Spas||Custom Spa Installs||Jacuzzi Spa Parts||Spa Filters||Garden Leisure Spa Jets||Leisure Time Spa Chemicals|
|Northwest Cedar Gazebos||Spa Cover Lifters||Saratoga Spa Parts||Spa Motors||Hayward Spa Jets||Nature2 Minerals from Zodiac|
|PDC Spas||Custom Spa Covers||Softub Spa Parts||Spa Pumps||Hydro Air Spa Jets||Softub Spa Chemicals|
|Snorkel Wood Fired Hot Tubs||Vita Spa Parts||Spa Electronics||Jacuzzi Spa Jets||Spa Frog Mineral Purifiers|
|Softub Portable Spas||Spa Plumbing||Pentair Spa Jets||Water Testing Strips|
|Strong Spas||Spa Toys||Softub Spa Jets|
|Vita Spa Jets|
|Waterway Spa Jets|